Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Feedback from my magazine and my evaluation of it


  1. • Who are the audience? Are they the group that you initially targeted?
    • How particular social groups are represented- fans of particular music, age groups, defined by social class /gender / ethnicity..? Are these representations positive, negative, mixed?
    • Which elements of the magazine does the audience like?
    • What could be improved?
    • Looking back at feedback you received from the college magazine, how do you feel your technical and creative skills have developed?
     
  2. - I think your target audienece is for people in a urban area which range from the ages of 16-25. I also think your audience is mainly is females due to the fact you have a female on your front page and because of your colour scheme.
    - Your social groups seems to for teenagers.
    -socail class i would say working/middle class
    - i Like you choice of model. her poses etc.
    - i think if your targer audience was of a wider range it woild appeal to more people, and you would sell more.
     
  3. * I think your audience is abit older, ranging from 15-25, perhaps older. Also mostly females due to the dominant, fashionable, attractive woman at the front.

    * Particular social groups would be teenagers, (working class perhaps), females, any ethnnicity, positive representations

    * I like the front cover, the pose the model is doing and what she is wearing

    * Features and regulares should be used in the contents page and more of a range of pictures.

    * I think you creatinve skills have improved alot from the college magazine

     
  4. 1) i think your target audience is for girls age 16-24. i think it is a female based magazine, because ther only females in your images and the colour sceme is more for girls than boys.

    2) i think that this magazine represents females, who like going to events and girls who like listening to new music and like to keep updated with the music charts.i think this magazine is for students. I think this magazine is for mixed ethnicities.

    3)i think that your magazine gives a postive view on your audience.

    4)i like your photography but i think you should edit her face and removed her blemishes to make the images better. i like how she is positioned on magazine and also like her poses. i think that there is too many white spaces on your page which makes plain. if the magazine was supposed to be for both genders i think you should change the colour scheme and add male musicians in the magazine. there should be more journalism on your dps so that your audience knows more about the musician's music.

    i think you have improved really well and i can see the difference between your college magazine and your music one and it looks more professional
Who do you think the magazine is tageted for?
Looking at the audience feedback i think my target population seems to be clear that it is aimed for specifically females. The age range for my magazine is essentially for people who are between the ages of 16-24. They believe that the model in front of the magazine is representing the traget audience as well as showing that the magazine is to do with fashion and music. Also they have stated that the magazine is for people who are from an urban area who are more likely to be in to fashion for example big cities like London you will find more artists here than in Devon.


Looking back at feedback you received from the college magazine, how do you feel your technical and creative skills have developed?
From my feedback i believe my magazine has improved from my collge magazine, i feel my skills from Photoshop and InDesign has developed. My college magazine I thought I haven't learnt sufficient skills to make it look professional, but from my magazine now I believe my skills have improved in PS and ID. I learnt features like using rulers, paint, colour, font, positioning of images, how to crop images etc..

How are different people represented in the magazine?
Generally my aim was to represent my target population through the model i have chosen, it is meant to seem fun and upbeat and will be aimed for teenagers from any part of the country. From the feedback that I have gained I feel that I have acomplished my representation of young people in music on my magazine.
My magazine model seems to be having the same style as a pop magazine. However it can be said that it is generic, whcih may also seem like a positive and negative thing, as I was trying to be different from normal pop magazines.

what are the best aspects of the magazine?
I feel the best parts of the magazine is the interview, it seems colloquial, relaxed and fun when the audience is reading it. As well as the colour scheme i have used whcih seems to be linked well with the magazine genre. One of my feedbacks states how They can see an improvement from my college magazine and my music magazine which shows I have improved using PhotoShop and InDesign. I also like the shapes of the images on the contents page and DPS, the DPS positioning of the model seems professional and was initially placed like that so the people who buy the magazine can use that page as a poster.

what could i have done to make it better?
  • I could have included more images from outside.
  • I could have made the interview section slightly longer.
  • I could have included a background colour on my front cover of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment